While “depression” and “coaching” may not be directly linked in conventional wisdom, I have spent over a decade researching the intricate connection between depression and the pursuit of a fulfilling life. Through extensive study and practical application, I’ve developed a coaching method specifically tailored to address depression and foster a renewed zest for life.
Out of the darkness
This method, along with its underlying philosophy, is detailed in my book “Happiness is Depressing.” My aim was to unravel the complexities of depression and identify the fundamental steps needed to illuminate the path out of darkness.
What sets this method apart is its effectiveness, validated through rigorous testing with hundreds of clients. I primarily work with individuals aged 18 and above, and I reassure clients that the use of medication should not serve as a barrier to seeking coaching support. However, I always advise those experiencing suicidal thoughts to seek medical attention promptly, particularly if other complicating factors such as bipolar disorder are at play.
From individuals grappling with chronic dissatisfaction to those wrestling with moderate to severe depressive thoughts, the principles outlined in “Happiness is Depressing” offer a beacon of hope. I firmly believe that understanding the root causes of depression is crucial to overcoming its grip on our lives.
Schedule your intake interview
Curious to explore your own journey towards clarity and transformation? I invite you to learn more about my coaching approach and the insights shared in “Happiness is Depressing.” Whether you’re seeking to unravel the mysteries of your inner landscape or simply yearning for a brighter tomorrow, I encourage you to take the first step towards change by scheduling an intake interview today.
For further details on “Happiness is Depressing” and to delve into the diverse range of coaching services offered, please explore the link provided here.
Remember, the journey towards happiness begins with a single step of courage and curiosity.
Lucas Derks PhD, social psychologist, filmed Wassili Zafiris about his book Happiness is depressing. In the film Wassili explains, among other things, what the three causes of depression are.
Certified international meta-coach. Master NLP trainer. Neuro-semantics trainer with a lot of knowledge and experience. NLP Master Health Certified. 1998 NLPU, University Santa Cruz California, NLP and health specialization. Also see my biography. Fellow at the IIOPM (International Institute of Organizational Psychological Medicine).
A depression coaching pathway
- The duration of a coaching pathway for depressive complaints is on average between 5 to 10 sessions (1 to 1.5 hours at a time). Transformation of causes and working as efficiently are important in this.
- Specific cases of depressed feelings can be resolved from 1 to 3 sessions!
- You can take advantage of a 50% discount for the intake interview!
- When participating in one of my training courses you will receive 5 coaching sessions with a discount.
- Long-term coaching is also an option. A special prize applies. To know more please contact us.
- The location is IJburg, Amsterdam. Appointments can also be on location, at companies and governments institutions for an additional fee.
- I also work online Zoom, Teams, FaceTime or Skype video connection. The results are excellent.
- If you have life coaching questions, go to life coaching. For more business oriented questions, check out business coaching or career coaching.
- The investment in coaching is often deductible. Ask your own advisor about the options. Unfortunately, this method is not yet reimbursed by insurers.
- Read more about coaching and coaching cases on the coaching blog, the happiness blog or book blog.
Intake with a senior coach
Have you always wanted to discover what a top coach can do for you? Take advantage of an one-hour intake coaching conversation with Wassili Zafiris for half the price (€ 87.50)!
- Surprising new insights into your problem.
- More clarity about what you want to achieve.
- Movement in your situation (or relationship).
- Sense of direction and energy.
- Clarity about “what now?”
“Happiness is depressing starts lightheartedly, and then uncovers, step by step, how depression emerges. Immediately afterwards it liberates you from the depressive darkness. A book full of provocative statements and exercises that awaken the 'light' in you. A fine example of autonomous thinking.”- Lucas Derks, PhDSocial psychologist and developer of Mental Space Psychology
Wassili is past member of the European Nomination Committee (ENCO) of the ICF. Advising Leadership positions for the European Advisory board, RAC.