What is Business coaching?
Leading a company, department or team can be very challenging. A good business coach with lot’s of experience helps you to find solutions. Especially with complex issues. To make the right choices as an executive or successful entrepreneur you need a clear mind. However, you also need unobstructed feelings. You want to grow your business. Let the staff thrive. You make complex decisions and at the same time solve all kinds of personal issues. You are accountable to stakeholders. Whether these are shareholders or customers. You want to experience business success. And there is also the home front that needs your time and attention. You want to be there for your children. Executive and business coaching is that stick that helps you stay on track.
What does a business coach do?
A business coach supports you to get the best out of yourself, the company and staff. You want to grow your company. To be a successful entrepreneur. With a personal coach you will find answers to questions that occupy you.
How do you make the right decision? What is the right decision? How do you deal with criticism or contradiction? And how do you respond to crisis and setbacks? How does your staff respond to this? Do you still support the company’s vision? Are your own values clear and do you have a clear sense of mission? Or are you unsure whether you are doing the right thing? Or not sure how to interact with someone? Should you focus on the day to day business or the long-term vision? Do you need more meaning in your work? Do you want to work on your personal leadership? Or relational qualities? Are you looking for success or happiness? Is it possible to have both? Is your growth as an entrepreneur taking a heavy toll on your health? On your private life?
A good business coach knows the ins and outs of doing business. And he knows the ins and outs of the personal dilemmas of running a company or department. A good business coach has experience with complex reorganisations in international organizations. He knows the tricks of the trade when it comes to (complex) personal issues. And when it comes to relational issues.
I have worked with many executives and managers. With male and female entrepreneurs. From vision, mission and strategy to redesigning matrix organizations. From leadership to teamwork. I am a guide for the business side, and the deep emotional struggles and stress you can experience in these positions.
Investing in a business coach can yield a lot. I help you analyze, gain clarity, find direction. I am your sparring partner as a personal coach. But I can offer you more than that. I have years of experience in guiding organizations and management teams. I am also certified as an entrepreneur developer. And as a leadership coach.
Other types of coaching.
Examples of Business coaching
The following areas can be covered in the Executive & Business Coach program:
- Leadership development
- Strategy, vision and mission development
- Managing effectively
- Team management
- Dealing better with pressure, stress and setbacks
- Performance coaching
- Dealing with emotions. Better working relationships. Authority issues. Status issues.
- Entrepreneur guidance.
- Achieving professional goals …
Experience Business coach
I have gained my business and executive coaching experience with relevant training courses. And with guiding entrepreneurs, executives and teams. And setting up your own companies.
I did my training as a ‘transformational entrepreneur facilitator’ at the University of Santa Cruz in California. There I was also trained as an NLP (NLPU) Master trainer and coach since 1997. Robert Dilts, who teaches at NLPU, is a leading leadership developer. He is known for his work in the fields of vision, mission, strategy, entrepreneurship and generative collaboration. Robert has been my mentor since 1997. I am a certified leadership coach facilitator in Silicon Valley. As leadership consultant I partnered with the ISVORDILTS group.
I have been able to help many entrepreneurs and leaders in the business world. In their personal development and leadership. And in improving the company. I supervised, among other things, the European reorganization of PENTAX.
As business coach I worked with entrepreneur Ben Steenstra for seven years. In our book ‘IK BEN niet alleen op de wereld’, we describe how I help his business thrive. ‘IK BEN niet alleen op de wereld’ has been nominated best business book of 2011 and best management book of 2012.
I have been able to share my entrepreneurial knowledge at the university since 2018. At ‘The Global School for Entrepreneurship and Innovation’ I teach ‘Meaningful Profit’. A new entrepreneurial business form developed by me and Ben Steenstra.
Business coaching can be individual sessions or group meetings. From leadership development to MT meetings and organizational change processes.
- Certified international meta-coach. International certified leadership coach. International certified ‘transformational entrepreneurship’ master trainer, coach / consultant and NLP master trainer.
- Certified Team facilitator ‘Generative Collaboration’.
- Faculty member: Global School for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (BA, MA, MBA).
- Board member of the IIOPM (International Institute of Organizational Psychological Medicine).
- Developer of the entrepreneurial business model: Meaningful Profit.
- Co-author of ‘IK BEN niet alleen op de wereld’, nominated for Best Business Book and Best Management Book.
A coaching pathway
A business coaching process starts with an intake interview. We determine which goals you want to achieve. Complex issues in organizations sometimes need a clear trajectory-oriented approach. I work an average of 3 to 8 times with a client. However, sometimes the process is dynamic and can take place over a longer period of time. A more intensive long-term working relationship is one of the possibilities.
- The sessions last from 1 to 2.5 hours.
- Investment: € 175.00 p / h.
- The location is IJburg, Amsterdam. Appointments can also be on location, at companies and governments institutions.
- I also use “Online coaching”. Coaching via Zoom, Teams, FaceTime or Skype video connection. The results are excellent.
- Look for life coaching on the ‘life coach’ page.
- Do you have a question about guidance during reorganization? Look at ‘business development‘.
- Or are you looking for management guidance, a recognized coaching training? Leadership training or mentoring? Check out the business seminars page.
- Do you want to improve collaboration? Then take the free team test. For all other questions, please get in touch.
- The costs of the coaching are often deductible. Ask your own advisor about the options. Unfortunately, this method is not yet reimbursed by insurers.
Intake with a senior coach
Have you always wanted to discover what a senior coach can do for you? Take advantage of a one-hour intake with Wassili Zafiris for half the price (€ 87.50)!
- Surprising new insights into your problem.
- More clarity about what you want to achieve.
- Movement in your situation (or relationship).
- Feeling of direction and energy.
- Clarity about “what now?”
Wassili is past member of the European Nomination Committee (ENCO) of the ICF. Advising Leadership positions for the European Advisory board, RAC.